What is one travel spot you are not tired of seeing in your Instagram feed? 🌺✨
As travelers, we’re always wanting to explore new places and see new things. But we’d never get tired of some spots. One of those places is our Bangkok beauty and probably the most famous temple in Thailand – Wat Arun. It doesn’t matter what filters or angle you use, every shot looks stunning.
Wat Arun is different from all the other temples you will find around Bangkok. Check 5 facts you need to know before heading to this iconic temple!
5 Fast Facts About Wat Arun in Bangkok
- Wat Arun is named after Aruna, the Hindu God of dawn.
- The temple is more than 300 years old but it was not until the 19th century that Wat Arun got its famous look.
- Since 2018 the temple has been fully uncovered again after long-awaited restorations were carried out from 2013 to 2017.
- The design of the temple is Khmer style and the steep stairway is a typical element of it which can be interpreted as a “stairway to heaven”.
- The main tower is about 80 meters in height. You can climb the steep stairs if you dare for beautiful views of Bangkok and the river.
Wat Arun is open daily from 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m, the entrance fee for foreigners is 50 THB (around 1,5$).