Cycling in Bangkok: Exploring BANG KRACHAO For Less Than 15$ A Day

Читайте о наших приключениях на велосипеде по “зеленым легким” Бангкока на русском языке!

Over 300,000 people ride a bicycle in Thailand. Of that total, about 70% live in Bangkok and the remaining 30% are in the countryside. Most of the tourists say they won’t ride a bike in the capital of Thailand because of the traffic. If you are not one of them, you should include it on your bucket list a place called Bang Krachao, known as Bangkok’s Green Lung.

Nicknamed the Green Lung, the Bang Krachao green space is located in the outskirts district of Phra Pradaeng, and is an absolutely fantastic place within the city limits to explore. The best way to reach it is to take a boat across the river from the piers near temple Wat Klong Toey Nok. Once you get to the other side, you can rent a bicycle and ride it all day long.

The Pier To Bang Krachao: Sanphawut Pier

📍 Location: https://goo.gl/maps/PcSTsee6Kyr5wCn46
💰 Money spend: 4 Baht (0.13 USD)

The Pier On The Way Back From Bang Krachao: Wat Bang Nam Phueng Nok Port

📍 Location: https://goo.gl/maps/nRXNZrEwsuLiZ5m58
💰 Money spend: 4 Baht (0.13 USD)

The Green Lung feels like a small trendy village. There are not many cars here and you will be surrounded by cozy wooden houses and shops, along with wonderful trees and beautiful flowers.

After we rented bicycles right on the pier, we immediately went to the Bang Nam Pheung floating market. Traveling in Thailand is never complete without food. We love that each region has something special and unique to offer. And this market is no exception. We tried local desserts and then decided to go to Baan Toop Hom, which is located next to the famous Bangkok Tree House cafe.

Bang Nam Pheung floating market

📍 Location: https://g.page/Bangkachaoland
🏠 Address: Bang Nam Phueng, Phra Pradaeng District, Samut Prakan
🕒 Hours: 8 PM. – 4 PM. (Sat-Sun only)
💰 Money spend: 100-200 baht

Baan Toop Hom Incense and Herbal House is a very creative and colorful workshop where you can make a T-shirt with your own unique design using natural dyes. Or you can make handmade scented candles. The most interesting thing is that you can just come here to see how others make their handmade crafts and dye T-shirts with unique patterns using natural dyes.

Baan Toop Hom Incense and Herbal House

📍 Location: https://goo.gl/maps/XyFqg1kGUAVcDZDC8
🏠 Address: 22 Bang Nam Pheung Nok, Bang Kobua, Phra Pradaeng District, Samut Prakan
🕒 Hours: 9 AM. – 3 PM.
☎️ Phone: 02 815 0729
💰 Money spend: Free (we came to have a look only)

After our little creative adventure, we realized that we were very hungry and we decided to go to a restaurant at the Baan Ma Kham hotel. A very interesting place, we enjoyed our snack and decided to finally explore the famous Sri Nakhon Khuean Khan Park.

Baan Ma Kham

📍 Location: https://goo.gl/maps/6xfqr2Ci6e1qPi3c9
🏠 Address: Soi 38, Bang Nam Peung, Phra Pradang, Samut Prakan 10130
🕒 Hours: 10 AM. – 4 PM.
☎️ Phone: 098 828 0983
💰 Money spend: 100-200 baht

Sri Nakhon Khuean Khan Park is famous throughout Bangkok. People come here to get some fresh air, ride a bike and play sports. We hadn’t planned our adventure at all and decided to go cycling early in the morning and the first thing that came to our mind was Bang Krachao.

Sri Nakhon Khuean Khan Park

📍 Location: https://goo.gl/maps/ecD3FJofH4NCw91w5
🏠 Address: 73 Soi Wat Rat Rangsan, Bang Kachao, Phra Pradaeng District, Samut Prakan 10130
🕒 Hours: 6.30 AM – 6.30 PM.
💰 Money spend: Free

It’s easy to get here. First, you need to get to the pier next to temple Wat Klong Toey Nok by taxi, after which you take a ferry to a small island of Bang Krachao for a meager 4 baht fee. Any local resident knows this place and it is usually very easy to find the way to the pier. When you cross to the other side, you can rent a bike for the whole day for a small fee of ฿100 (about $3). Highly recommended to include it in your list of places in Bangkok for a half-day or full-day trip! If you’re done with the shopping malls and need some nature and a more traditional completely 360° different adventure. Or if you’re lungs need green this is the place to go.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s